Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Khal Drogo dragon tatoo


Once, a very dear friend of mine asked me to draw a tatoo to put on his back.

The drawing was to be a dragon, with a range of symbologies he explained me in detail.
It had to cover his entire back to mean protection. It had to hold in one hand his soul, and I had to include the first letter of his name, a sword of a guardian saint (who's name I don't remember), an open infinite sign, and so on.

With a big piece of paper on his back, I drew in situ the tatoo, according to his instructions. After finishing the scketch, I took a photo and vectorized it in Adobe Illustrator. You can see it here

This story came to my mind because I watched, during these last hollidays, the first season of Game of Thrones, and loved it.

Since he never actually made the tatoo, I decided to draw him with the tatoo, in Khal Drogo style, in order to see how it would look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment